Sunday, October 25, 2009

Mama, look at what I can do.

Yes, now lay down & act like a baby.

*sigh* As ironic as it sounds, I cannot get over how big Cameron is getting.

I use to think it was so silly when people would say, "my baby is growing up so fast!"

Of course they are, they’re babies. Babies grow up, duh.

But now that I have my own, I can see exactly what they were talking about.

It's not about them growing bigger.

Or all of the milestones that they've met.

It's about the journey we’re made together.

Of course Paul’s always been there, but there’s a special bond I have with Cameron.

Feeling his hiccups, his kicks to holding him in my arms for the very first time to knowing what to do to make him calm down, not knowing what to do but being there just the same.

I remember I couldn't get over how this baby was at one time in my belly. Even when he was so very small I couldn't wrap my head around it.

Each passing day my love grows right along with him and I honestly don’t know what my future held without seeing him right there with us.

Now I see this little boy emerging from what was once that tiny baby.

Big boy! I can't wait to see how tall he is next Halloween. :)


Through out the day he insisted on standing up. Shakin' his groove thang with Miss Tessa.

I've never been a huge fan of baby shoes. I thought it was silly to buy shoes for a baby that has no use for them. But after the pumpkin patch we went out & purchased Cameron's first pair of shoes.

I think he likes them. :)
PHEW! This standing up is hard work mama.
One of Cameron's favorite things, is yelling the moment we leave the house. He loves hearing his voice echo through out the hallway.
I'm sure the neighbors appreciate it, especially when we leave before 7 during the weekday.

This last picture just melts my heart.

*sigh*

So know I understand, my baby is growing up too, too fast.

4 comments:

  1. Man, he is just so cute. I can't get over it... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell that boy to slow down! Ha ha. Oh and that girls who dance around poles may not always be the best choice to crush on, ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know exactly how you feel, it's very bittersweet.
    Go Cameron!

    ReplyDelete