Monday, October 19, 2009

Home Is Where The Cheese Is

This weekend was hard for many reasons.

1. I was leaving Cameron for almost 3 days.

2. I was saying good-bye, to my beautiful friend Jewelyn.

3. I was leaving Cameron for almost 3 days.

I knew I was going to cry.

Admitting I was stressed out is sugar coating it.

I was scared out of my mind.

It was stressful, the upcoming services, driving alone, being away for so long but I knew if I didn't go, I would regret it.

I'm so lucky to have Paul. I don't really know if I would have went if he wasn't so supportive of me going.

So, I packed the night before & "planned" on leaving after Cameron went down for his first nap & then decided to leave at 8.

Well, after trying to leave several times, I ended up leaving after he went down for a nap. We said goodbye & Cameron started to reach out & cry for me.

*insert worst mama in the world feeling here*

I stayed a bit longer, we sang "the ants go marching", marveled at the wonder that is a ROCK and danced.

Then finally I was on my way.

The drive wasn't terribly bad. It was great to spend times with wonderful friends, missed family & driving through familiar roads.

The services were so beautiful. I was so nervous the day of. My palms were sweaty, my stomach was just in complete knots.

Then I arrived at the church.

All my anxiety just lifted & I knew I had made the right decision.

The services were beautiful, just as Jewelyn. Every moment was heartfelt & I was so relived I was not only a part of her celebration of life, but that she was & will forever be my friend.

My trip was short, bittersweet but full of love & priceless memories.

It's always wonderful to surround yourself with people who love you, for you.

So, of course coming home was the cherry on top!

I made excellent timing & was so happy to see my little man.

As I walked through the doors he smiled & then looked around as if he was thinking, "look! mama's back!"

I picked him up & he starting pulling himself up in excitement. It was the best welcome home hug.

Since it was still early a trip to the park was in order.

The famous, crawling is over rated, I can reach it streeeeetchhhhh.


We decided to feed the ducks.



Ok, Cameron ate but he was kind enough to let the ducks watch.

Paul joined us after work, ahhhh another face I've missed.

It was so nice relaxing & spending time together.

We walked around & found a bucket swing!

Cameron has yet to swing on his own, so I was (probably the most) excited. :D




Well, it looks and sounds like someone was a little excited too. *coughpaulcough*



After the park, we headed home just in time for Cameron's bath.
His new "game" is leaning over & reaching for toys.

Then, if they're just a wee bit out of his reach, he politely says, "mama can you get that for me?"



Ahhh, I've missed that face.

So very happy to be home with my boys, my beautiful family.

Cali, see ya in December!

2 comments:

  1. Glad we got to see you, you looked fabulous!
    So happy you made it home safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was wonderful to see you at the services. Sorry that I did not stay long after. I would have loved to catch up more but I cannot deal with events like that anymore.

    ReplyDelete