Thursday, March 26, 2009

You spy with your little eye.

I keep saying I’m going to post about our weekend & time just keeps slipping away. But I want to recap while it’s still fresh in my memory so, better late than never.

On Friday after work you & I made a stop into Kohl’s. Silly as it sounds mommy gets nervous taking you out in public. I don’t want to stay feeling this way so a trip out shopping was in order. You're outgrowing all your clothes faster than we can replace them. I asked which outfit you liked the best but you weren’t interested. Instead you stared, cooed & smiled at the kids running through the aisle. You’re so aware of your surroundings now. I love it.

Soon we headed off to the frame department. I saw & held up a frog growth chart. Not thinking much of whether you would take an interest just that it matched your frog & turtle bathroom. But as soon as you saw the bright colors & big friendly frog prints you cooed & grabbed at it. No need to say more, mommy bought it for you.

The next day, Saturday you woke up with an eye infection. Poor baby. We don't know how you got an infection but Dr. Chiles prescribed you some drops. A few days later it healed up nicely. Besides the occasional goop you would never know anything was wrong. You were a happy baby, goop & all.


On Sunday you gave Daddy an early birthday gift.

You laughed.

We’ve heard you giggle. The giggles usually lead to hiccups but this past Sunday you laughed your little heart out. I was talking, playing & kissing you when all of a sudden you burst out laughing. It was the cutest laugh! Daddy kept asking me to make you laugh some more. We were having so much fun that we didn't even think to grab the camcorder & record you. We'll have to keep that in mind for next time. Great Aunt Roma has already put a special request.


To make sure your eye infection was healing properly we went to visit Dr. Chiles on Tuesday. The nurse weighed & measured you. You weigh 12 lbs & 1 oz. And, you measure 24 & a quarter inches. Good thing you picked out the froggie growth chart. Looks like we're going to start using it very soon!


As we waited you thought I should see how hard you can kick. You're getting really good! Daddy & I have noticed that if we don't pay attention you'll push your lips out & kick really, really hard! So I made sure to pay extra close attention & watch those little legs in action.


Dr. Chiles talked to you for a little bit & checked your eyes, nose & mouth. He said you looked great. Your eye was healing fine & you were getting to be a big boy!


Today's low: Daddy wasn't able to visit you during his lunchtime. He woke up with a cold & went home early. :( Hopefully he feels better tomorrow it's his 30th birthday!


Todays high: When I walked into the infant room you heard my voice & looked for me. When you saw my face you smiled. I felt so special. I think you missed me almost as much as I missed you!


I love you chunka cheese.

Love Mommy

Big hugs & kisses


3 comments:

  1. Kids make you feel so darn good huh? And to hear them laugh is like the best sound in the world! He's getting so big! Slow down Mr. Cameron, I haven't even met you yet! Sounds like you had a great weekend! We are having to buy Bella new clothes too. This kid is a tall one and sadly she got her mama's big feet :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay Cameron it will be our secret that we would laugh & talk ALL the time. But we won't say anything after all it is your daddy's B-Day & your idea to sing Happy Birthday is great but we don't want to spook anyone so save it for the BIG 31 HA HA

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't think of a better birthday present!

    ReplyDelete