Wednesday, March 11, 2009

We're gonna scrub, scrub, scrub


Pictures Taken: February 10, 2009

Bath time has become a favorite part of our night. Our routine began not too long ago during a particularly fussy night. I was texting Jenn & she suggested giving him a bath. She confirmed with Trish that it was key to success. B.B.B. (bath, bottle, bed). Exhausted & not really knowing what else to try Paul & I agreed.

We first discussed where the bath would be set. I wanted the bathroom sink (this part of the story really shows how young/tiny Cameron was at the time) & Paul wanted to put it inside our bath tub.

So onto the sink it went.

We turned the lights down low because according to Jenn this would set the mood.
There I was holding a screaming baby in one hand & collecting cup after cup of warm water & transferring it into the small tub. All in a dim light so I wouldn't disturb the mood.

After about 5 mins of doing this…..water began to trickle off the counter.

You see combined with the low light I was unable to see that the tub wasn’t snapped into place, leaving a gap in the middle, causing the water to spill over.

Cameron was still screaming.

Not wanting to disturb the “calming effect” from the low light (again, Cameron was still screaming) I whispered for Paul to hurry over to the bathroom. When he walked into the bathroom he was greeted with a screaming baby & a vision of me, scooping & pushing the water back onto the counter. He switched on the light & we soon saw that the pull out drawer (that was left slightly open) was overflowing with water as well. At this point we started yelling “What happened?!” & “The tub is broken!” (which again we later found out it locks into place).

At this point Cameron had stopped crying, was sucking on his hand & looking around. He was probably thinking, “How did I end up with these two?”
So much for the low light calming effect.

In the moment this was far from funny but as we laid in bed later that night we had to muffle our laughs to not wake up Cameron.

4 comments:

  1. At this point Cameron had stopped crying, was sucking on his hand & looking around. He was probably thinking, “How did I end up with these two?”

    omg hahahahahahaahahahahahahaaaaaaa

    ReplyDelete
  2. buhahahahaha I'm cracking up right now!
    I'm glad that the BBB worked out for you guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is too funny! I didn't brave the sink. I went straight to the bathtub.

    ReplyDelete