Thursday, March 12, 2009

Cameron's journal

When we pick Cameron up from daycare they always have a pre printed slip waiting for us. It lets us know how many times he ate, slept & pooped that day. When we first started to receive the slips I asked Miss Ruth if she could please write a little more about his day. So she began to jot down 15 mins bouncer, 10 mins tummy time in a small box on his slip. When we go to pick up Cameron we always ask how he behaved & was for the heard the same, “he was great!” day after day.

During our ride home I’ll sit in the back with Cameron & read aloud what was jotted down. The first few days it was exciting to see how many mins he spent on the activity gym or poops throughout the day but I was always a little sad. I knew by spending my day with him that there was so much more to be said!

So with the new, set staff for the infant room I approached Ruth, Ellen & Niki. I asked if I brought in a notebook would they be so kind & jot down about their day with Cameron. I wasn’t looking for a novel. I honestly don’t know what I was expecting but I just wanted more than the standard sheet.

When we picked up Cameron last night we had two surprises waiting for us.

Mr. Cameron has a personalized cubby complete with picture!

Miss Ruth got a perfect smile.

Picture (both) Taken: March 9, 2009


As we got into the car & ready to head home I opened up Cameron’s journal. What a wonderful surprise! The ladies wrote as if they were Cameron. It was so cute to read, “When Ashton woke up we played on the activity mat. We had so much fun mommy & daddy!” & “Miss Ruth read me The Great Big Spider, tomorrow she said we’ll read The Big Hungry Bear! I can’t wait!” Entries from each lady melted our heart. Not only did they write in the journal but they made it truly special. Paul was very adamant that out of respect Cameron would know/call each staff member as Miss Ellen, Ruth, Niki & not just Ellen. They kept this small yet special request in mind when writing in his journal & that to me speaks volumes about the new staff.

5 comments:

  1. That is so awesome. One day he will be able to sit and not only read his blog but his notebook too. He will have to know how loved he truly is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome that they did that! I really love your daycare. I know it sucks that you can't stay home with him, but I'm really happy you found such a great place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that sounds so wonderful! I'm so glad that you guys have such a fabulous place/people to watch him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow everything you are doing Cameron writing at such a young age being respectful to your elders & obeying your Father by addressing your elders in a proper manner. Tell your mom I said "I told you so" (It's ok Cameron it's not you being disrespectful it's me : )doing it)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahh that's so sweet. I'm so glad you guys found such an awesome place.

    ReplyDelete