Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Holy moly...

I am no bueno at this blogging thing. I could go on & on about how I'm sorry & it's never going to happen again, but let's move forward. Updates, complete with pics. Wheee!
So, back in december we headed out to Sacramento to visit the Jackson family. I won't leave the visit recap to just that, one day I will give it a proper post but for now just know it was equivalant to Disneyland in Cameron's eyes. He loved hanging out with his newfound cousins & I loved watching them care & include him in every game. There was even a day they asked to take him upstairs to play. After awhile I went to check in (read: make sure Cameron wasn't eating a dice or popping a barbies head off). Instead I found them in the middle of a project. Late I found out they were having Cameron color & make us a Christmas card.
Love.

On top of nonstop attention he also found his new obsession, a rocking chair. Not just any rocking chair, the rocking chair.
I wish I could have that much fun in a chair. :p


A few weeks back Gma J emailed asking if we thought he would enjoy one of his own.


Um, yeah. Especially since we were about to buy a non rocking chair, bor-ing.


So as I waited for the chair to arrive visions of Cameron welling up with tears of happiness & shriek "for ME mama?!" would excite me to no end. Hmm, maybe he would even take his first steps toward it...time continued to drag.


Then we arrived home last night to find a pretty little note from FED EX. Thinking the box was a pair of running shoes I ordered we headed to the office. I grabbed the dogs, Cameron's push car & off we went. Little did I know the box wasn't a teeny tiny shoe box, but a box bigger & heavier than Cameron.


Crap.


So, first I tried carrying the box but for whatever reason that freaked out Mr. Chunker & he began to scream. Change in plans, I tied the dogs to the push car, placed the box on top & carried Cameron.


Cameron continued to scream, the dogs continued to whimper from having to poop & not being able to move more than 1/2" from the car & I silently counted to 10 at least a dozen times.


As you can see my vision was slowly being crushed into teeny pieces.

:(


Since Cameron continued to be weary of the box I decided to wait until the next morning for the big reveal.


In the morning I found my regained hope of a big eyed, squeals of delight reaction coming from Cameron.

And you know what?


He could have cared less, wtf.


I suppose it's my fault. I'm the one who put on Yo Gabba, Gabba! before bringing him out for the big reveal. So try as I might he was too enthralled in the world of "Draw some magic with Mark" & "Cool tricks, cool tricks, yeah!". Boo.



After a few mins in his new chair he decided to get out & grab his breakfast.

By getting out, I mean fly out of the chair.
Oh, this is my favorite part, Cool tricks, yeah!


Don't be fooled. He wasn't smiling for me or my desperate plea for a reaction other than ignore. He was smiling at the guy & his cool trick, riding a skateboard. Oh well, at least he looks super cute in his new rocking chair.
Thanks Gma J!

3 comments:

  1. Haha! I had a vision of you bringing the box home, cameron and the dogs crying the whole way. He looks so cute in the chair, regardless if he was ezcited or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I forgot I even had your blog on my Google Reader! He looks super cute in that chair, even though it wasn't very excited, he'll love it in the long run. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad it finally arrived and you were able to get it home. Even if he wasn't delighted with his new chair. It looks like he will have plenty of time to grow into it and loving it like he loved his cousins. Thanks for posting it all, forgot to check last night, glad I finally looked today. Love you all!!!
    grandma J

    ReplyDelete