Thursday, February 25, 2010

If you give a chunker 20 bucks...

For Cameron’s birthday, Grandma J sent a box of goodies. Inside his birthday card was $20 “to spend on whatever you want.” Well, for awhile I kept thinking of certain toys or books that the $20 could be put toward. Usually when I found something Cameron just needed the $20 was safe at home & I ended up forking out my own cash. ;)

Well, a little over a month ago Safeway put out these huge teddy bears in celebration of Valentine’s day. It never failed, we would pass by them & Cameron would stretch his arms out watching to “touch it!” They were usually displayed on the aisle corners on the very top. I would pretend it was too, too high & daddy would have to come help one day.

As V-day approached I thought of buying the bear & giving it to Cameron as a surprise. But then, I came up w/a better idea. I thought why don’t we make a fun trip down to the market & have him finally “touch it!” & bring it home.

Since that V-day present was nixed we headed to Target to look for all things Yo Gabba Gabba! Unfortunately, we weren’t the only one looking. Cameron spotted 1 (of the 2) YGG books. Um yeah, don’t mess w/this boy & his books. On top of that his YGG books. So, while Paul read to him in the store I snuck book #2 in the cart.

Don't Bite Your Friends! YGG book: $7.99 + tax

Oh no, Muno bit Foofa? What happens next?!Then we headed to Safeway! Trust me when I say the following pictures do not do justice for the experience. It was the sweetest moment when he realized he could finally touch his new friend.

There were 3 colored bears, white, chocolate & tan.

We avoided white all together so we walked up to the display of just chocolate & tan.

Would the chocolate bear go home with us? Or the tan bear? Let me see that Chocolate one again mama.
Who do you think won? ;)


Tan Teddy Bear: $14.99 + tax

Letting Cameron shop with his own money? Priceless.

Thank you Grandma J! Cameron wrestles his bear daily. ;)

3 comments:

  1. love the pictures. Amanda used to love Yo Gabba Gabba. we'd sing the 'party in my tummy' song all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well it looks like tan teddy found a place in Cameron's heart, hands and rocker. A buddy that can be played with all day and it will never tire of him. I am so glad the teddy found a home sooo loving and caring. And as for books...I am so glad that reading and sharing is so important to you Cameron. Glad you found just the right presents to enjoy your rocker with you. Love, Grandma J

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet to see Cameron with his bear. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete