Monday, December 14, 2009

It's almost party time!

I could be upset that they're more than a week & a half late, but I was too busy awing over my baby turning one.


That aw quickly turned to tears. I was dancing with Cameron while watching Yo Gabba, Gabba! The kids were making funny faces, so we were dancing along to the music. Then I realized he's not going to need my help standing up for long. Paul saw I was getting teary eyed & hugged me. I said, "I'm not crying. I'm not, I'm NOT!" Quickly the tears turned to laughter, but it's still so bittersweet.
Not that I wasn't expecting tears but I don't really understand why I'm crying. I guess because I wish we could relive some of his first, or that I'm happy he's happy, healthy & celebrating his first year of life.

It seems that lately he's turning more into a boy than staying my little baby. Now we're greeted with him standing in his crib than laying down, waiting for us to pick him up. Wanting to walk rather than crawl around the house, throwing the ball farther than an inch for Sadie & mimicking more words. His new word is "star", taught by Miss Ruth from daycare.

I don't know what I expected with Cameron's first year, but I can say it's been quite the ride. :)

3 comments:

  1. Awwww you can cry, you can cry all December. I cry all july... it makes me feel better.

    see you sunday for the b-day party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tears are all natural. The milestones and the tears keep mounting up as the time flies too. Tears of joy for most parts, but always a few of sorrow to be losing the moments that are gone forever. So glad we got to be together for a while this month. Love to all of you, and to the birthday boy big hugs and kisses too. Grandma J

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you stumbled across my Birthday Banner tutorial. Enjoy making it and reusing it for years to come. Happy Birthday to your little one and Congrats to you on making it to this great milestone!

    ReplyDelete