Thursday, February 4, 2010

Snip, snip, Whaaaaa!

We've been talking about getting Cameron's haircut for awhile now. No matter how much we talked, it never got done & his hair kept growing.


I was pretty excited for the big day & it reminded me of (one of my very many) favorite shows growing up. I was, ok I still am a huge fan of Rugrats. Before they grew into teenagers, then it just got weird.

Other than the weird creepy teenage approach it was a great show. I mean how can you go wrong with a ice skating, singing dinosaur? You can't. I'm almost sure if it still ran I would convert Cameron to a fan as well.

There is one episode in particular I have always loved. Chuckie, who was the cautious (read: crybaby) of the bunch was about to have his first haircut. Angelica, the oldest of the group (read: little shit) pulled out one strand of hair demonstrating what a haircut entailed, while scaring the bejesus out of poor ol' Chuckie.

Well, well we had quite the Chuckie day.

The girl wasn't even cutting his hair yet, just the feeling of the smock was upsetting.
I guess the cheeks are a dead giveaway because she knew how to stop the tears.
Then she sprayed him with the water bottle...So, then I pulled out the big guns. His animal book, "how does the cow go? Mooooo."
But even that didn't last for long. I guess he didn't like what he saw in the mirror. We're keeping it long baby, keeping the curls for the ladies. ;)

I don't have the heart to tell Cameron we'll have to do this again. However, I will say for the record we will not go to the happy water squinter girl again. Boo to her! But all in all, we survived!
After his Chuckie moment we headed over to the prize "dispenser." Why? Because what parent wouldn't want to stand their child against a machine that shoots out 35mph a sticker of a no name horse & gold cold that I'm pretty sure he could eat if he wanted too. :/


Hair cut style, approved!

2 comments: