Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Rule #1: Babies shouldn't be allowed to get sick.

Well, this weekend was interesting to say the very least.



Poor Cameron had a cold.




I knew something was up Friday night.



When it was bedtime, he didn't want a bottle (SHOCKER), instead he wanted to be rocked to sleep.



*swoon*


At the time I thought this was the best idea yet.



Then along came Saturday.



Saturday was a bad, bad day.

Paul had to be at work by 1pm.


So we headed out to look at a few houses.


We warned our realtor that Cameron wasn't feeling in a good mood.


Brian said he didn't believe it, Cameron is always happy.


So, of course Cameron had to prove me wrong.


:/



Well, close to 12 we headed home & Cameron went down for a nap.


After he woke up from his nap the real fun began.



He woke up screaming (I hate that), when I went to pick him up he was HOT.



Not sweaty hot, but pleasedontbesick kind of hot.


I won't lie, I freaked.


I took his temp, and it was 102.4 :( :( :(



I texted Ruth (from daycare) right away.

And she said the dreaded words: Urgent care.


I was home alone.


Paul wouldn't be home until late.


And I'm miles, hundreds of miles away from family.



Living far away can majorly suck some days.


I finally called my bestie Diana.


Even thought it may seem like common sense I needed to hear it from someone.


"Call the Dr. Brandy"


I called & I'm so glad I did.


She calmed me down 99% (he was still sick, I couldn't let my guard down).


After a quick run to pick up medicine (fyi, don't walk to the store w/a sick child. No matter how close it may be, no matter how much he loves the outdoors), his temp went down.


I didn't retake it, the dr. told me not to.


I would only drive myself crazy.


She knows me so well. :)


The lowest point of that day was not really knowing what to do.


He wanted to be held, I held him.


He wanted me to rub/run my fingers down his back until he fell asleep, I did that through out the day.


He wanted a chocolate chip cookie, ok even I have a limit. ;)


By Monday we went to visit the Dr. and he was clear of any infection.

He just had a cold, thank goodness!


So for $35 I had piece of mind & now know (for a fact) that he weighs 19 lbs.

I guess the fruit scale at the market doesn't lie, hehe.

I should be thankful (which I am) that he doesn't get sick often.
But, when he does.
It pulls on my heart strings.
So again, Rule #1: Babies shouldn't be allowed to get sick.
What's a post without pics?
A boring one.
With that said, my baby is a goof, cold and all. :)





The carpet needs love too.

2 comments:

  1. Poor little guy.
    That last picture is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure do love to ham it up for the camera. But with looks like yours, we want to see every last wonderful shot that mommy and daddy take of you. Loving the carpet is so cute. Just make sure you leave some room for Grandma when I get to see you.
    Stay well, we can't afford you to scare Mommy so!!!

    ReplyDelete