Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Mah-Maaah

My baby is amazing, a genius, child prodigy if you will.

Last Friday he said his first word, mama.

His tongue muscles aren't fully developed so it's still a work in progress.

And unless you have a trained ear (as I do) his M's might sound a bit harsh.

If you're on the brink of going deaf, it might sound like a D.

Either that or his Az accent is thick.

But in my heart (keep the laughter down to a polite chuckle) his first word is mama.

Let me also note, on Saturday morning I woke up to Paul coaching Mr. C.

"Da-da. Cameron say DA-DA"

I promptly rolled out of bed, stuck my head out of our door & said, "MAH! MAH!"

Hmph! Paul's tongue muscles must be underdeveloped too.

2 comments:

  1. My heart melted with that video! I swear I'm falling in love with your little man more and more every day. I think he's also helping me get over my "having a little boy" fears

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of the most precious moments so far. So serene and unconscious of how much these moments mean to us all. And I have to admit to being totally deaf. Love you Grandma

    ReplyDelete