Friday, June 26, 2009

My Little Bookworm

When your Uncle Richard was a baby I would read to him. One of my favorite memories, when he started bringing the books to me. He would even ask me to sing along as we watched Disney movies. But, that’s another story. I loved reading so it was fun for me. I would sometimes get in trouble with your Great Grandma for reading in bed with my Mickey Mouse flashlight (yes, baby you can have a Mickey Mouse flashlight).

While I was pregnant, we started your book collection. I couldn't wait to read the classics! Dr. Suess, The Bernstain Bears, Little Critter or any book for that matter. When we first started reading to you, you just listened. You’re not so quiet now.
You bat at the books, “read” along & my new favorite, hold the books. We usually read at bedtime but anytime is a good time to read if you ask me.

So I grabbed "Rainy Day Friends" & I think this may be your favorite so far. You were laughing which made me laugh & squealed every time Patches the giraffe was on a page. She’s so pretty.
I love that you hold the book now & asked Daddy to take a picture. It was a wonderful surprise to see he took pictures of us. He’s the best.








My little bookworm, I can't wait for you to bring the books to me.

It's amazing how much my love can grow for someone so little.

all my hugs & kisses

Mommy


P.s. Auntie Julia, I included all the pictures for you. It's like you were there! ;)

6 comments:

  1. You can tell he is truly enjoying it! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think of how big his vocab will be! This is my favorite post so far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pictures of you loving the book is just too precious for words. So glad you love the books and being read to, too. Such great moments. Love you Grandma J

    ReplyDelete
  4. So now is the time for spanish books! Time to teach him spanish Hola Camar'on
    Yea! bilingual Camar'on (tried to insert the spanish ')

    ReplyDelete