Wednesday, April 8, 2009

just keep swimming, swimming, swimming

We were very busy this past weekend. On Friday, we made it to the menu tasting! It was nice to do something out of the ordinary and not have to worry about dinner. The food was delicious but the real highlight were the people. It’s always nice when strangers go out of their way to say how cute you are, look at that hair! or just to simply say hello. Usually you smile or coo back. You’re becoming quite the social butterfly!

On Saturday we woke up bright & early for our nature walk.


Nothing says good morning then a nice big stretch!

It was pretty windy so we put you in the stroller. I guess you weren’t too impressed by all the cacti.

So you decided to take a nap. I think you were just saving all your energy for later that day. The real fun began that afternoon. We drove out to Gold Metal Swim School for your very first swimming lesson.

We hoped you would enjoy the lesson but weren’t sure how you would react. Well, guess what?



You loved it.

After a few songs & water games the instructor handed us a swimming noodle. I held you for awhile but finally I (nervously) let you go.

My own little fishy. You did it! You kicked those little legs, sucked on the side of the noodle (very important) & just floated around worry free.

Daddy & I decided to sign you up for lessons. We’re going back on Saturday & it’s Daddy’s turn to play with you. Lucky Daddy.


Weekend low: Mommy was nervous about submerging you under water. Daddy was showing me how to do it & accidently dropped the camera in the pool.

Weekend high: Seeing you in those red Speedos.

I love you sugar plum.
All my hugs & kisses
Mommy

7 comments:

  1. What a fish! I smell a gold medal coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. From day one cousin Ray took to the water glad to see it runs in the family (Montiel) (Ha) (sorry Paul) :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the fishy! He's a natural and Ive never seen a better looking kid in a speedo ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I can't wait to get Sarah in the pool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here fishy, fishy...swim on over my way...I have cookies and a pretty girl for you to play with :D
    Joe's Oma (grandma) has a pool and is already arranging swimming lessons at her house for us this summer and I just bought Bella two bathing suits yesterday, can't wait.
    Love the speedos kid, work it out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I knew the way you kicked in the bath that you would love the water in the pool. Keep up the great splashing. You will soon be swimming like a little fish. Grandma J

    ReplyDelete